Modernization of your plant floor is a big-picture effort involving assessing, rethinking, and upgrading your automation technologies – with the goal of positioning your company to remain competitive for the next several decades. Modern automation products provide advanced data collection and access to real-time plant performance information. This leads to increased productivity, better machine performance and efficiency, fewer downtimes, and improved decision making that comes from being informed with current and accurate information.
Modernization is a journey and should be a planned effort. It requires investments, stakeholder alignment, and technology upgrades or retrofits. These activities often occur over a period of months or even years. Some companies implement modernization projects during a single shutdown event, and some use a phased implementation approach over time. Whatever approach works best for you, modernization should start with a study of your existing automation assets and systems. Next, companies should develop an implementation strategy, often referred to as an automation roadmap, to align on automation standards and prioritize upgrades, putting the most critical, at-risk assets first.
As the future of the manufacturing world turns to automation, modernizing your plant floor can be time consuming and costly. Standardized automation products provide you with accurate and repeatable results that impact your bottom line at a fraction of the cost of customized solutions, while still providing improved efficiency, increased profits, and promoting growth. Below are examples of Concept Systems’ automation processes and products that will modernize your plant floor.
- Collision avoidance: as robot automation increases in popularity, so does the need to protect expensive parts, fixtures and end effectors from collisions. A robot collision in your manufacturing process can cost thousands of dollars in damaged product and associated downtime. Protect your most valuable assets with Collision Avoidance, using the latest in 3D Vision technologies our revolutionary software platform features multiple modes of operation and a friendly user interface. Click here for a case study about an aerospace company that successfully implemented one of Concept’s collision avoidance solutions.
- Scan2Path: dynamically offset path programs based on part orientation, identify parts in motion for specific handling, unique feature recognition – welcome to Scan2Path. We developed an innovative software platform designed to provide your robots with the flexibility to adapt to changing variables in manufacturing environments. This solution reduces costs, improves efficiency, and increases profits.
- Automated Coating: the robotic coating platform is designed to provide a simple, yet cutting edge solution for applying Cerakote coating products. The platform supports a wide range of applications from firearms to sunglasses to exhaust mufflers and more, allowing applicators to produce a high-quality finish in a safe and efficient manner.
- LengthScanPro: with our expertise in laser scanning and machine vision, we offer profile measurement systems that dynamically adjust your equipment to yield maximum results. Real-time measurements of length, thickness, angles or other key dimensions will allow you to recognize improved quality and maximized profit. Click here for a case study where LengthScanPro was used to address the issue of waste at a wood mill.
- Manufacturing Intelligence: eliminate downtime and boost production with the only end-to-end solution for remotely monitoring your industrial equipment assets. Wave7 gives you powerful, zero-infrastructure condition monitoring at a low-cost entry point. Start monitoring one location or thousands worldwide more effectively, and see the effect on your bottom line. Click here to learn more about remote monitoring and the Wave7 solutions.
- Material Tagging: our automated material tagging solutions/systems are designed to tag your products during production so they can be tracked throughout the manufacturing process. Whether you’re tagging steel, printing on building products or marking automotive components, our automated material tagging systems will improve your quality and minimize your labor costs. Click here for a case study where Concept implemented the BilletID 3D scanner solution to accurately tag each billet of steel.
Concept Systems is 100% committed to maintaining current, state-of-the art equipment that allow customers to achieve competitive manufacturing today and tomorrow. With the technologies available, there are countless robotic and machine vision applications that can help you address your business challenges. From basic picking and sorting to enhanced vision inspection, from custom built end of arm tooling to complete work cell design and integration, our team of expert engineers design and integrate solutions that enhance the efficiency and profitability of your operations.
We’ll dive into your manufacturing process and build a smart, precisely tailored automation solution – effectively integrating metrology and automation solutions to improve throughput and elevate quality. Leverage the advances in technology to improve your manufacturing – contact us today!